Monday, May 20, 2013

Nothing beats Homeade Chicken Noodle Soup

When the babies are sick, momma makes homeade noodle soup.
Up until a few years ago, I actually hated soup because it made me think of being sick.
I guess it was because growing up, momma always made it when one of us were sick.
And now I do the same, but as my momma says, its like medicine!
This is also probably one of my most requested recipes.
 
Homeade Chicken Noodle Soup
 
Start off boiling a whole chicken (I think its super important to use an organic chicken too)
Add whole cloves of garlic
The more the better
Garlic is a natural antibiotic

Season with salt, red pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder and cinnamon
Use a lot too!
Here is a picture of my pot, right after I seasoned it, wanted to show you how much I season it!

Then Boil baby Boil!
The longer the better, the richer your stock and the more medicinal....

I boil for a long time, like 2 hours....
About half way through I add chopped onion, celery and carrot

Boil again....
and boil some more
Probably a total of 2-3 hours
When it falls apart, then its time to take it out.
BE VERY CAREFUL, its BOILING HOT!
Literally, ha!
I usually use tongs and a big spoon.

Let it cool.
Turn your pot down a bit.
Just let it simmer while you let your chicken cool.
Then de-skin and de-bone.
Add chicken back.

This is what my de-boned, de-skinned chicken looks like...
 

Then bring it back up to a boil and add whatever noodles you want.
Once the noodles are cooked, taste and see if you need to add any seasoning.
Turn off
Chop flat leaf italian parsley and add.
 

 
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment