Monday, May 27, 2013

A Perfect Pair

Broiled Salmon served over Kale Chips
 
I had a sweet girl help me clean and prep the kale.
I wash it and rip the leaves off
Place on baking sheet lined with foil
Toss with olive oil, salt, red pepper, lemon pepper
Bake at 350 until crispy

Right when you take them out, squeeze fresh lemon and toss a lil shredded parmesean
 
Salmon
Seasoned with little olive oil, lemon juice
Salt, red pepper, garlic powder, lemon pepper, oregano and basil
Baked at 350 for about 20 mins
Squeezed fresh lemon right when it came out of oven too
 
Served together making a perfect pair!

 
So I made baked potatoes for the girls since I figured they would not eat much of this.
Go figure...they did not eat more than 2 bites of their potatoes and wanted to eat our kale and salmon!
Living proof that we are our kids role models.
They want to eat what they see us eating!
So.. all my super liberal family and friends stop reading...
 
SO funny story-
when we were eating, i told jacquelyn that salmon was fish, like the fish in the sea
and she said, "fishy mommy?"
I said "yes, like nemo"
I knew this was probably the wrong thing to say.....and she would never eat it, but honestly it just came out my mouth without thinking...
But to my suprise, she said, "like nemo and dorie? ok." and opened her mouth and took a bite. and said "yum, I like it."
hahaa! win!
Growing up, my dad's family had a ranch and we always knew the cows we ended up eating and it never bothered me as a child...and I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
pretty happy about it too...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment