Monday, September 19, 2016

Burnt Roast

If you make one recipe of mine, I would make this. If you ask my kids what's their favorite meal, it is roast, rice and gravy. It was one of my favorites growing up and pretty much a Crawford classic. 

Start by rinsing the roast and putting it in a baking dish. I like grass fed beef, rump roast or top of the round. My mom always taught me to pick one with a nice big hump.
 
Then I stuff the roast with garlic cloves. 
Take a pairing knife, make a hole, stuff it with the garlic clove. 
 

Then I chop onions and carrots and add them around the roast. 
 

You can also add chopped potatoes if you would like too.
After you have all your vegetables all around, it's time to season it all. 
I season the vegetables and the roast with worsteshire, kitchen bouquet, salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper and red peppers. Rub it all in. 
Then you want to add some water, about halfway up your vegetables. This will create the natural gravy. 
 
(Making the videos on Instagram, I always forget to take pics!)

Bake at 350 for 3 hrs!
Roast will have a burnt look on the top! That's when you know it's done! When you slice it, it should fall apart. Slice roast over rice, top with the vegetables and gravy! 
 
Yum! 

This is also easy to eat low carb
 
Just no rice....
I will say most of the time, I don't miss rice all that much....but this is the one meal that I do miss it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment