Thursday, September 15, 2016

Red Curry Chicken

My husband requested this dish this week. I always ask him what he wants to eat this week while I'm meal prepping and he rarely gives me any answers, so when he does I make it!
Like I have said before, I am not a chef organs could be doing it all wrong...I just make stuff up as I go. Sometimes if I really like something at a restaurant, I try and copy it at home. This is one of those dishes! I love Thai food and love red curry! 
Here is my version:

Start by slicing 4 chicken breasts really thin slices. Brown in little bit of olive oil on medium heat. Season with salt, garlic powder, red pepper and curry powder. Also squeeze juice of 1/2 a lemon and drizzle a bit of braggs amino acids and tamari (healthier alternative to soy sauce). I cover this and stir occasionally, let the chicken cook through. 
While the chicken cooks I prep my vegetables. 
I add 1 onion, 2 bellpepper a of different colors, French green beans and eggplant. 
When my chicken is fully cooked through I add 1 jar of red curry paste and 1 can of coconut milk. Stir that together really well. Then add all your vegetables except the eggplant. ( eggplant cooks really fast and we will add in at the end so it doesn't turn mush). Also add a handful of fresh basil. Reseason with salt, red pepper and garlic powder. Stir really well, cover and let simmer for a good 45 mins. After 30 mins, add your eggplant. Let eggplant cook and then you are done!
Serve over rice 
 
Or do low carb version like me with no rice. It's a very filling dish with all the vegetables, you won't miss the rice. And just a side note- inlove cauliflower but I do not care for cauliflower rice so you won't see me making that... But if you do like that, you can use it!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm on the only one that thinks that cauliflower can not and never will be "rice"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight and EVERYONE in my family ate it. My kids first experience with curry. Nice job, godmother Christina!��

    ReplyDelete