Monday, September 26, 2016

Turkey Tacos

Turkey taco night that will provide leftovers for lunches all week!

Turkey taco meat
I start by browning my taco meat in a little bit of olive oil. I did 2 lbs of turkey meat, 1lb of 93%lean and 1 lb of 99%lean.
  Break it up and stir and let it brown.
Then I chopped onion, bellpeppers and tomatoes. I find ground turkey very dry and bland so I add the vegetables and specifically the tomatoes to add juiciness and flavor to it. 
Then I season it with salt, garlic powder, red pepper, Lemon pepper, and paprika. 
 
Stir it all up, mixed up well. Cover and let it cook down for a good 30 mins.
 

Tonight I cooked up a pot of black beans and rice. With the leftovers I will make, rice, turkey and black bean bowls for the girls lunches. 

 

Black beans were simple, sautéed onion and bellpepper in a little olive oil, added 2 cans of black beans, season with salt, red pepper and cinnamon. Cook for 45 mins on med low.

For the girls they each had a turkey taco, rice and beans, side of avocado and cucumbers.
 

For the husband, a loaded taco salad
 

Rice, lettuce, beans, taco meat, cheese, avocado and onions.

For me, I'm trying to eat a bit lighter so mine was simple with lettuce, turkey meat, cheese, avocado and onion
 


No comments:

Post a Comment