Sunday, April 6, 2014

Crawfish fettucine

I know I haven't posted in a while, mostly bc I've been cooking mostly the same things and had nothing really new to post. But today's post is not anything a close to healthy but it's an all time favorite of everybody! 
So write this one down....you're gonna want to remember this one!

Crawfish fettucine

Start buy melting one stick if butter
Then once it's melted add your trinity- chopped onion (1small sweet onion), 4 stalks of celery and bell pepper (I like to use 1/2 yellow and 1/2 of a red for pretty color)
Season with salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and red pepper.
I only had yellow bell pepper so that's what I used.
Then once your vegetables are soft, add 1 pint of half and half
Then let the cook (med heat) for about 10 mins and let it come together.
Then add your cheese- the real recipe calls for one link of Kraft garlic cheese but they discontinued making it so we use one link of the smallest velvetta size. 
Slice it up (so it melts faster) and let it melt and come together as a sauce. 
Then prepare your crawfish tails to put in. 
Key factor is having good crawfish tails. I was lucky my mom had brought me some fresh ones back from Louisiana. But you can get them at your grocery store just make sure they're from south Louisiana. I drain them in a strainer BUT do not rinse them! 
Then dump them in your sauce and let them plump up and cook for about 10 mins. 
Then add some chopped fresh parsley.

While you are cooking your sauce, boil your noodles and place in a casserole dish. We like to use 1 bag of broad egg noodles. I didn't have any so I had to use a pasta I had in the pantry- tonight that was a high fiber mini farfalle. 

So then your just pour your sauce over your noodles and mix it up real well.
Sprinkle with paprika.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40 mins.
Serve with hot French bread to soak up the sauce... 
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment