Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Potato Leek soup

It's a snowy icy day and this was the perfect thing to make for lunch!
Potato leek soup
This is my mommas recipe and my first time to make it. It was insanely easy to make and so yummy and filling !
Start off by sautéing onion, you cleaned chopped leeks, carrots and I added 4 cloves of chopped garlic.  Season with salt, red pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, a little cinnamon. I also added a lil butter when they were sautéing.

Then I added chopped golden potatoes.
Covered and let cook down until all the veggies were soft (other than the potatoes) 
I added 4 cups of chicken broth 
Brought up to a boil and just let simmer for a good 2 hrs
Then everything is nice and soft
I took my hand held mixer and puréed it a bit
That's it!
I have to say some recipes will call for heavy cream but I don't think it needs it!
But- I would top it with creame fresh if I would have had it! That would have perfected it!

No comments:

Post a Comment