Monday, December 16, 2013

Mexico City Soup

I love chicken soup at Mexican restaurants and many if times I think it's called Mexico City soup - if not then I just made it up! Ha! But this is my version:

Mexico City Soup
I start it the same way I start my chicken noodle soup-
Boiling a whole chicken with lots of garlic.
Season with salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, cinnamon and red pepper.
Then add
Chopped onion, celery and carrots
Let that boil for a good hour.
When chicken has fully cooked and made a good stock (at least one hour) take chicken out.
Then add the following
Chopped Roma tomatoes, zucchini, squash, Mexican squash and frozen corn.
Then add 1/2 cup of rice
Add back deboned chicken.
Cover, let simmer on med-low for about 45 mins to cook vegs and rice. 
I like to top it with pico, avocado and cheese.
I made a pico with avocado to top mine but I usually just but store bought pico 
My pico I made to top it 

The best parsley stem picker!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment