Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lebanese Cucumber Feta Salad

The flu has hit our house:(!
I currently have two pots of soup in my fridge to help nurse us back to health-my old fashion chicken noodle and Mexico City style soup. But sometimes some salty comfort food sounds good!
Last night I cooked an easy Lebanese style comfort food supper.
Broiled kibbees I had in the freezer (a post in itself to come later), homeade French fries, big bowl of radishes (me and Giuliana are obsessed with radishes) and the perfect salad to compliment- cucumber feta salad. It's so easy and simple yet so delish and satisfying- the key is quality ingredients!

Lebanese Cucumber Feta Salad
Sliced 4-5 small pickling cucumbers
1/2 red onion
Crumbled feta- this is where quality ingredients come in. This is a high quality- unpasteurized goat milk block of feta I bought from Phoenician(Lebanese grocery store here) that I sliced and crumbled in.
Fresh basil
Juice of 1/2 Meyer lemon-again Meyer lemon makes it extra good! These are sweet tart lemons that are simply delicious I eat them like oranges!
Tossed with a little Tonys and olive oil.
Simple, easy and sooo good!
My girls love it too bc they love cucumbers and feta cheese! Warms my heart that they love our Lebanese food! #raisinglebanesebabies #sitteeslegacy

No comments:

Post a Comment