Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Baked Buffalo Spaghetti


I promised to post this recipe the next time I made it. The past two months this has become a family favorite.
Baked Buffalo Spaghetti-

Start by sauteeing your veggies 
The great thing about this is you can pack in lots of veggies and your kids won't even know. Here I put a onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper and zucchini!
Let those cook and soften 
Then add your ground buffalo meat.
I used 1lb. You can do more if you wanted.
Let it brown and cook through 
Season with salt, garlic powder, red pepper, oregano and basil.
Add chopped fresh tomatoes (whatever you have)
I had Roma and heirloom 
Then let them cook down, break them apart with your spoon when they soften. 
Add large can if Italian style tomatoes, squeeze them and break them apart as you put them in.
Reseason, turn on low and let simmer for an hour. 
Then I added fresh oregano and basil from my garden bc I had it. Not critical if you don't have just makes it extra good. 

Boil whichever noodles you want and then place in a casserole baking dish. I used a quina elbow I had in the pantry. 

Pour your sauce over the noodles, mix well and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 mins.
Serve and dish! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment