Monday, September 12, 2016

Hello

Hello!
Welcome to my food blog. I haven't posted in a long time and now that my girls are in school, I have been encouraged to bring my food blog back. So here I am! 

If you are new to the blog, I'll share a little bit about me!  I'm a momma to two of the sweetest girls, work as a real estate agent and support my husband as he runs his family business! I work from home and love my flexible schedule because I can get my work done, play tennis (one of my passions) and plan and prepare yummy suppers for my family. I say cooking is my love language because it's the way I like to share love with others. I find so much joy in cooking for others and I get it honestly! Everything I know about cooking I learned from my momma and she learned from her momma, my Sittee! My Sittee was an amazing woman, raised 9 children, cooked three meals a day and looked fabulous while doing it. I can honestly say that, me and all of my family will tell you she is all of our inspiration in so many ways but cooking and feeding my family like she did is no 1 on my list! 
So much of what I cook, is her recipes! It is her legacy! 
I am starting this blog back, sharing my meal planning and recipes in hopes that you will find some inspiration and see that cooking a yummy meal for your family can be simple!  I try to cook healthy meals, I usually have a protein, vegetable, starchy carb and often a salad. It's how I grew up and how I feed my family! I'm also from south Louisiana, so we eat everything over rice, so a lot of my meals will be eaten over rice. I try to eat low carb  so I will show you how I can eat the same meal just low carb version! I am originally from south Louisiana and I am also 50% Lebanese, so you will see those influences in my recipes too!

I have a chakboard menu in my kitchen that I use to meal plan my week. I have an Instagram account, AMommaWhoCooks, that I will post pics and videos of my cooking that will link to this blog!
Hope that you find this helpful and gives you some inspiration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment