Monday, September 26, 2016

Prepare for a Healthy Week

The easiest way to have a smooth week cooking for your family is preparation. 
First step is planning your meals. It's more cost effective and less wasteful if you plan out your meals for the week. I usually plan 4 meals, leave a night to "clean out the fridge" and flexibility of you decide to eat out. My biggest pet peeve is wasting good groceries!
 

After my menu for the week is set, I write my grocery list. I take stock of what I have, clean out my fridge of anything that is old or expired, wipe it clean bc I'm anal. 
Then I grocery shop, bring home and organize my fridge for the week. Since I'm anal, I love organizing and that includes my fridge. This is how I lay out my fridge and what works for me. 

I like the storage bins.
Top left bin I have all my raw meat. If I am going to cook it within 3 days it's in this bin otherwise, I freeze it. 
Top right I have containers with some leftovers.
Second shelf of left I have some small items, eggs, some snack items- fancy pickles, humus. 
Second shelf right- bin with certain vegetables I've bought specific for the recipes I'm cooking. 
Bottom left- protein shakes I drink regularly, some fresh herbs and fruit I wash and cut and have ready to go. 
Bottom right- one last bin of some jarred pickles, roasted peppers, etc.
Left drawer- staple vegetables I always have on hand carrots, bellpeppers, avocados
Rift drawer- greens, salad makings
Drawer is all my deli items. Organized in bins as well. 
 


 If you plan and have ready to eat healthy food available, you will be more likely to eat healthy! I like to buy a store prepared baked turkey breast, debone it, cut it up and have it ready to eat. I also use it sometimes instead of deli meat for the girls lunches. 
 
 

I also like to go ahead, wash and cut up any fruit that I can 
 

Some items I keep out in my kitchen
 

Just my way of being organized and prepared.
That way when I go to cook, everything is ready to go, fast and easy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment