Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's a Bust

So the whole purpose of starting the blog is to give you some healthy, fast and yummy meals. However, I am not a chef (clearly) and most of the time I make up things as I go.
So a lot of times, things don't turn out that great, so I promise to share my big busts as well!

A few years ago I discovered parnsip puree at a high end steak house. It was served over an asian style fish and i fell inlove. It was so creamy but had a spicer falvor than just potato. So, immediately I had to try and recreate it at home and I did and they were delish! I love it paired with pork tenderloin.  Well that was a few years back and I can not remember exactly how I made them. So this week when I made them, clearly it was not  how I originally made them...

So I also, added carrots to the mix this time thinking it would add some sweetness to the parsnips and balance the stronger flavor of the parsnips. And the girls LOVE carrots so I thought that it would ensure them liking them and add more vegetables (FAIL).  I steamed them for about 30 mins until they were soft and then let most of the water cook out. Then i pureed them with a hand held pulser (is that what you call it?)
 
I added a tablespoon of butter and about a cup of chicken stock to make them creamy. Seasoned with salt and red pepper ( I also put too much red pepper and it was a lil too spicy).
They were not terrible but nobody really LIKED them. I really didnt even like them.
I dont want to give up on the parsnip puree but I remember us all really liking them, I just need to remember how I did them and probably not add the carrots next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment