Sunday, May 5, 2013

Banana Bread Muffins

Like most moms, bananas are a staple in our household.
Sometimes, we eat up fast and some weeks we don't eat them fast enough before they get too ripe.
So, banana bread muffins have become one of our favorite things to make.
My girls love them and love helping me make them!
This is my momma's recipe
We make it so much that I am writing this from memory!

Ingredients-
4 Smashed bananas
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon

Combine flour (I use gluten free oat flour), baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (I dont measure the cinnamon, and I put a lot!).
In another bowl, cream together sugar and eggs, then add oil and bananas. Then add the flour mixture to it.
You can also add chopped walnuts or any nut but Jacquelyn is HIGHLY allergic to walnuts, cashews and pistachios so we are NUT free here in our house!
You can make banana bread or muffins.
We usually do muffins because they cook faster and easy to grab!
Bake 350 (muffins about 15 mins, bread about 45)

No comments:

Post a Comment