Thursday, May 16, 2013

Making the most of leftovers.....

I think most people hate leftovers, but I always cook extra to have leftovers. As a stay at home mom, this makes lunches and fast easy dinners when I am in a crunch for time.
Last night I was going out for a girls night but still needed something for the girls and Jerry to have.
We had leftover baked chicken and vegetables (I made Becca's chicken thighs recipe) except I had used skinless boneless chicken breasts instead of thighs.
So from the leftover chicken and vegetables I made one of my got to leftover makeover dishes
 
Chicken Fried Rice
Put all the leftover chicken and vegetables in a skillet
Broke up the chicken with my spoon
 
Then added more vegetables.
Onions, more carrots and zuchhini
Then added a little brags and light terriakyi sauce.
I made a fresh pot of steamed rice and once it was done cooking I tossed it in.
If I would have had frozen peas I would have added those too
Finally added 1 scrambled egg
Taste and make sure it doesnt need any more seasoning.
 

This is Jacq giving it the thumbs up....lol!


For Jerry, I made some terryaki broccoli to go with.
Just seasoned with a little olive oil, lemon juice and the same terryaki suace and Tony's.
Tossed and baked on 350 for about 15 mins so it was still crunchy.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment