Thursday, May 30, 2013

Feature Friday: The Man of the House

You all get a special treat today!
My husband is our feature friday!!!
I have to take a second to brag on my husband. Next Monday, June 3, marks our 7 year wedding anniversary. I really can not believe that it has been 7 years since our wedding! I remember when we were dating, I couldn't wait until we were engaged, then I couldn't wait until we were married, and then I couldn't wait until we had babies (yes, I wanted to be a stay at home momma my whole life, that was my dream job! My momma made it look fun!) I wish I could tell that girl in such a hurry, to just slow down and enjoy that special time! But ya know..I knew how fun and special our life would be...and I was ready for it!
And I must say, that my life is better than I dreamt it would be.
NO our lives are not perfect...by far
And I'm really not trying to portray that AT ALL
But I must say my girls make our lives together that much sweeter!
 
And I am so thankful that I married a man with the same morals, values and life dreams.
So thankful that he wants me to be a stay at home mommy to raise our precious girls even though it means making sacrifices. This man works so hard, puts us first and is truly a special guy!
I really thank God for him everyday!
 
He doesnt cook much..
He grills and he has mastered his grill
but the Gronauer specialty is the Caesar Salad
and it is so good.
it is not your creamy caesar
but a mustard base, so a healthy caesar!
and its sooo delicious
and I bet a bunch of my friends will be happy to have this recipe!
 
So now I turn over the blog to him!
Ladies and Gentlemen, my husband
Jerry Gronauer, Jr.
 
 Hello Everybody!  I hope you enjoy my family's recipe for Cesar Salad.  My parents taught me to make this when I was in grade school and I have been making it ever since.  I feel like we were raised on it.  I tell you this because I have not measured out the ingredients in years (I just eyeball it) so I will do my best to give you easy-to-follow instructions.    Here is what you need:
 Fresh Garlic (2 or 3 cloves), 1 can of Anchovies, Dijon Mustard, Worchester Sauce, 1 Lemon, Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil, Parmisan Cheese, and cracked black pepper. 
 Start by pressing the Garlic Cloves into a bowl. 
 
 Add the can of Anchovies and then mash and cut them into a paste with the garlic.
 Next, add 2-3 table spoons of Dijon mustard and mash it all together in to a paste.
 Now, add 2-3 table spoons of Worchester Sauce and stir in.
Then squeeze in one full lemon.  Make sure no lemon seeds end up in the sauce.
Next is the Apple Cider Vinegar.  I put in two overflowing capfulls. (yes, the vinegar bottle cap).
Now pour in one 1/4 cup of Olive Oil. 
Shake in enough graded parmisian cheese to lightly coat the whole bowl (approx 1/2 cup).
Then finish it off with a couple table spoons of fresh ground/cracked black pepper.
 
 Now just throw in some Romain and toss the salad!
 Tonight Christina made salmon and squash to go with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment