Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco De Mayo-Sittee's Tacos Meat

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!
We had a fun day celebrating. We went to church, family came over, planted flowers, kids played outside all day, had a lemonade stand and we grilled fajitas and I made tacos! Really beginning to feel like summer! The weather was amazing and it really was a great day!

Growing up taco night was kind of a treat.  My mom always somehow made it a fun night that we always looked forward to. I must brag, I was super lucky and had a great momma that really made little things special and fun. I really hope I am able to do that with my girls. Its so easy to get caught up in the everyday schedule, and as a mom now, I see how you really have to make yourself slow down and put effort and thought into making even the little things special and fun.

My mom made tacos the way her momma and my sittee made tacos and this is how...

Sittee's Tacos (we pronounce it ta-cus) Meat
Start by sauteeing onion and bellpepper (I used yellow) in olive oil.
Add ground meat (today, I used 2 lbs of ground organic grass fed beef)
Brown
Season with salt, garlic powder, red pepper, paprika and chili powder
Keep stiring and breaking up meat
Add 1 chopped potato
This is what it looks like right after adding the potato
Then season again
Add water just so it comes up to the meat, cover and let cook on medium so water cooks out but potatoes get cooked. You will let it cook a good while! Probably 45 mins-an hour.
When potatoes get soft, smush them with your spoon
Once potatoes get smushed, it is done.
Taste and re-season if you need.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment