Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Tuscan Shrimp

This is a dish that came about by me not knowing what to cook and I started cooking bythrowing things I had in the fridge together and turned out to be yummy.

I'm gonna start by saying this is how I made it tonight but I made a mistake by adding my shrimp a little early. I was multitasking like most moms at 5pm and didn't think straight.... so learn from my mistake!
I am going to share how I made it tonight and then tell you at the end how I would do it next time! 

I started by peeling and deveining 2lbs of gulf wild shrimp.
 
Set aside

Start by melting a spoonful of ghee in a sautee pan with chopped onions and garlic
 

After they were soft, I added my shrimp (my mistake)
I seasoned my shrimp before I added them 
Seasoned with salt, lemon pepper and red pepper.
Once I added my shrimp to the pan I squeezed the juice of one big lemon (2 if it's a small lemon, want a good amount of lemon juice)
When my shrimp were cooked I added a head of chopped kale (take the rib bone out of the kale and will be easier to eat) and a bunch of cherry tomatoes and fresh basil 
 
Cover and stir occasionally and smash tomatoes as they cook.
 

That is it!
Now next time I make this, I would add my shrimp at the end so I don't over cook them! I would add my kale and tomatoes, once it was cooked down then I would add my shrimp.

For low carb, I ate it just like this 
 

For my husband and kids I boiled some egg noodles and mixed it with the pasta to make a Tuscan Shrimp pastas
 
Husband loves this dish!!!


Tonight I also made a really simple roasted squash fingers. I had some in the fridge and it needed to be cooked. 
I simply cut the squash into fingers and tossed in olive oil, lemon pepper and red pepper 
Baked at 375 for 25 mins

 
 Yum!

And just a tip for moms!
I know we all want our kids to eat their vegetables and sometimes it's a struggle. Here is my biggest tip-
Just keep trying and keep putting it on their plate whether they like it or not. I don't force my kids but I do make them at least take a bite. 
Tonight Jacquelyn decided she likes squash! She's 6 and never has before. She likes a lot of veggies but that  wasn't one, but if I hadn't kept trying she would have never discovered that she liked it. Kids only eat the veggies that we give them the chance to like! And we are their biggest role models- so eat your veggies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment