Monday, October 10, 2016

Chimichurri steak

After indulging all weekend at a family wedding in Louisiana, felt the need to whip up some detoxing salsas to help flush our bodies!
Chimichurri is a great detoxer because it's full of cilantro and parsley, both great green detoxers. 
With that in mind, I decided to make one of my favorite dishes lately.
Chimichurri steak.

For the chimichurri sauce-
I put the following in a blender
1 bunch of cilantro 
1 bunch of Italian parsley
1/2 red onion
4 garlic 
Juice of one lemon
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Red wine vinegar
 
Blend it up
Taste and adjust seasonings if need be

Refrigerate 
Use it on everything... I'm gonna try and eat as much of it this week as I can. 
I'll too it on my steak tonight, then you can use it over eggs in the am, salad dressing or just dip with fresh veggies...

For my steak, I used a flank steak
 
Marinated it  
Worsteshire, pick a pepper, salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper and red pepper.
Let it marinate in the fridge until I was ready to grill.
Let it get the chill out for about 30 mins prior to grilling.
Grill
 
Then for this dish, I like to slice it, top with sliced avocado, grilled green onions (I grilled with my steak) and then top it with my chimichurri sauce!

 
 Yummmmoooo!!!

With this, I made some pinto beans and rice for my girls and corn on the cob!

For me, I like it just like this! So good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment