Monday, October 3, 2016

Turkey Chilli

I'm on a turkey roll this week...not planned but I guess I'm subconsciously getting in the fall spirit.
I make several different versions of chilli and this is a good weeknight, not as heavy version.

Start by sauteeing my vegetables
 
Onions, celery and bellpepper
 
Once they are softened, add 2lbs of ground turkey 
Brown turkey meat
Once browned all the way through, season
 

Then add your beans and tomatoe sauce
 

I used one can of kidney beans, black beans and pinto beans and 1 can of tomatoe purée.
Stir really well, cover and let simmer for a good hr.
Taste and season if need. 

My favorite way to eat chilli is stuffed in a sweet potatoe...
 

My kids love making chilli bowls-
Rice, sometimes Fritos (frito pie), chilli and cheese topped with avocado.

And chilli makes for great leftovers...
Our favorite this is to make chilli nachos watching football!!

No comments:

Post a Comment