Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fish Tacos

Taco Tuesday was fish tacos tonight!

I had a big filet of Mahi Mahi 
I cut it into long strips to be the right size for tacos.
Seasoned with salt, lemon pepper, red pepper 
Fresh lemon juice and green Tabasco

 

I pan seared them in ghee 
 
 

So I was conflicted....
Couldn't decide whether I wanted to make a chuncky avocado salad to top it or a slaw...
So I mixed it all together and made a salsa slaw ;)
I used 
 
 

Chopped half a head of cabbage, tomatoes, jalapeños, green onions, parsley and avocado.
Seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar and Tony's!
 

 

Mahi Mahi tacos topped with the slaw
Or low carb style minus the tortilla 
 

And real life.... this was a bit dry for me...
Feel like next time I make this a creamy cilantro dressing would make it a lot better!
Ill have to try and come up with that!


And a side note...be sure and follow me on Instagram - AMommaWhoCooks and watch the Instagram stories and follow me along as I cook dinner every night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment