Thursday, October 6, 2016

Oven baked BBQ chicken

My husband mans the grill in our house and have to say does a great job at it too! But during the week, he doesn't get home early enough to help out for dinner so I have learned some ways around that! So tonight I made oven baked BBQ chicken.
I had 4 skin on bone in split chicken breasts. They are quite large, so I used a really sharp knife and cut them in half. Put them on a foil lined cookie sheet. 
First seasoned with salt, garlic powder, red pepper and paprika.
Then poured some BBQ sauce (use your family's favorite store bought, I used sweet baby rays) and then rubbed all the sauce and seasonings into the chicken.
Looked like this-
 

Baked on 350 for two hours. Occasionally, checked on it and basted it with the sauce (didn't make extra sauce to baste, just used sauce that was on the pan) 
For the last 15 mins, I uncovered it, to crisp up the top.

 

I served this some baked potatoes, sautéed Brussel sprouts, cornbread and salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment