Monday, April 29, 2013

Protein Pancakes

Several years ago I started making what I call protein pancakes. If you knew me right after college, you probably heard about this recipe.
The original recipe
4 egg whites
1/2 c oats
spoonful of fav jam/fruit preserve
blend and cook like a normal pancake
Over the years my mom and I have come up with all sorts of different versions.
Here is a version I made to have for quick bfasts this week
I made a big batch (same ratios as above)

12 egg whites
1 1/2 c of gluten free oat flour (its what I had so I used, i normally used gluten free oats)
1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
1 banana
lots of cinnamon
you can also add agave to make it a lil sweeter
 
Blend it all up together
Pour on sheet pan, sprayed with cocunut oil spray
Bake at 350 until they are cooked all the way through, they will prob crack
I didn't say they were the prettiest, although the girls thought they were bc they were purple!
Pancakes for fast bfasts for the girls this week ready to go!
I warm them up and spread cocunut oil on instead of butter. My girls LOVE cocunut oil!
 
You really can't go wrong with all different kinds of fruit/vegs combinations. Zuchhini really goes well in them! I'll feature more good combinations...

No comments:

Post a Comment