Friday, April 26, 2013

Meditteranean Lamb, 3 Dishes

Another Meditteranean post.
So you would think that since I am 1/2 lebanese and eat and cook lebanese food A LOT, lamb would be a staple in my house. Well it is, but not until this year. I never ate it growing up. It was one of those things I assumed I didn't like, so I never ate....
Well, this past year a good friend who is Indian cooked lamb and I tried it and it was delicious! HA! So at 30, this Lebanese girl decided she liked lamb! And my girls LOVE it.
I make this simple lamb and its so versatile. This dish is a version of what my good friend cooked me that got me to like it!
Sautee 1/2 onion and 3 fresh garlic pressed
Add 1 lb of ground lamb (i use a lean, young ground lamb)
**you can do more than 1 lb at a time and many times I do, because it makes lots of several fast meals**
Season with salt, red pepper, lemon pepper, cinnamon and tumeric
Let meat brown and cook all the way through
That's it!

For the girls I serve it over rice with Tzatzki sauce on top
Tzatzki Sauce
greek yogurt
chopped fresh mint and basil
1-2 fresh garlic pressed (the more, the spicer and stronger it will be)
you can put chopped fine cucumber and onion too

 
 
This is a really bad picture, I had 2 very hungry girls and couldnt stop for a proper picture....
It was one of those days where we played outside and came in and they were ready to eat and I couldn't get the plates to the table fast enough!
I also added cucumbers and cherry tomatoes halved on their plate for veggies.

For Jerry and I, I made a simple salad and put the ground lamb on top and used the Tzatziki as the dressing.

It makes great pita's too. Lamb, lettuce, tomatoe and tzatziki sauce!

Ground Lamb
3 Different Ways
1. Over rice
2. Salad
3. Pitas

No comments:

Post a Comment