Monday, April 22, 2013

One Pot Dinners

As a busy momma, I cook a lot of one pot dinners. Basically, throwing everything in one pot, seasoning it, throwing it in the oven, forgetting about it and then bam...its ready when you need it! I know most people use the crockpot for the same use, but I'm sorry I just can't get into the crockpot. I think its because my momma never used one and so I never have and honestly, really dont think I will...it's just not my style....but never say never.
So are ya'll tired of chicken recipes, because I here is another chicken recipe :)
Another version of baked chicken.

I threw all of the following in a pyrex-
chicken breasts
1/2 sweet onion
1 red bell pepper
3 carrots
4 raw garlic
Seasoned with salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon and red pepper (noticing a trend, I season everything pretty much the same way)
Olive oil, lemon juice and worsteschire
bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hrs

I served over rice for the girls and Jerry and I had the chicken and vegetables with a salad.
You can add quartered potatoes to this and it would be a complete meal.
I promise to cook something other than chicken tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment