Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Making the most of leftovers

This morning while I was packing the girls' lunches and mentally planning out my day and thinking about what i was cooking for dinner, if I needed to thaw out any meat....I looked in my ice box and realized I had lots of leftover meat from our family grill out Sunday....so why cook more meat when we had plenty that needs to be eaten.  I hate throwing away food!
But leftovers are blah and boring and most people including me don't get excited about them.
I find, you got to kind of re-cook them, re-purpose them to jazz them up to make them appealing!

For lunch, it was pretty simple...
I just warmed up some leftover chicken kabobs in a skillet real quick and drizzled some tahini on top while it was hot, so it melted on top.  SO so good!!!



For dinner, I was supposed to make chicken skillet fajitas, but instead i used this leftover grilled flank steak and made skillet beef fajitas.

Now this leftover flank steak looks totally blah....not very appealing!



So I sauteed some onions and peppers in a spoonful of ghee



added the flank steak, squeezed juice of a lime...


Now that looks like a fresh meal!

Cut up a simple salad of romain, avocado, red belpepper and fresh parsley.



Seasoned with a little Tony's, olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar and tossed!


Another way to jazz up leftovers is to create a new side! Look in your fridge and use what you have!

I had some pretty tri-color carrots, I cut into french fries, seasoned with a  little avocado oil, sea salt and pepper.
Baked at 400 for about 15 mins.
Came out toasted and super yummy...seriously tasted like popcorn to me???




Beef fajita salad with a side of carrot fries.



Beef fajita tacos!



Leftovers for the win!
Just repurpose them and make them appealing again...
as my Sittee would say, "you gotta sell it"

No comments:

Post a Comment