Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Humus

Tonight my AWESOME cousin Bret is in town from KC
He is in town doing a photo shoot
He's a pretty cool dude and my girls are LOVING HIM
He's gonna make an AWESOME daddy one day....
 
Learn more about him here-
 
 
 So tonight I am cooking up a family style dinner.
Humus
Roasted chicken(recipe to come)
Rice dressing (recipe on previous post)
Baked Vegetables
Greek Salad
 
So this afternoon I made my humus for tonight
Its always best to make it ahead of time, so it has time to chill and set
 
First put all your ingredients in food processor or blender
Here I have 2 cans of rinsed chickpeas
3 cloves of garlic (ratio is 1 garlic clove to 1 can of chick peas but we like it extra garlic)
2 heaping tbsp of tahini
lemon juice
Season with salt, red pepper and sumac (lebanese seasoning)
I dont measure, but this is how much lemon juice I put in
Fresh lemon juice is best

Blend away, I had to add a little warm water to get consistency right
Taste and season if needed
 
Chill
 
Top with Sumac or Paprika when serving

 
 
***Sumac is a lebanese seasoning my mom and I discovered about 6 months ago. Its red/brown in color but very refreshing and lemony. Gives pretty color too! It is delicious and aids in digestion! Add it to your seasoning cabinet!


1 comment:

  1. I am on my way! Thank you sooooooo much for taking care of your cousin!!!! He loves your southern cooking! I miss and LOVE you guys!!!!!! Yalllllllllll!

    ReplyDelete