Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween: Chilli night

Chilli just seems to be the standard Halloween supper, right?
Tonight we are making my dads 3meat, 3bean chilli!
Start off by sauteeing onion, bell pepper, celery and jalapeƱo (I only used 1 so it's not too hot for the girls)
Then add 1lb of ground beef, veal and pork. 
Brown those so it's cooked through
Season with salt, garlic powder, red pepper, paprika and chilli powder.
Then add 1 can of black, pinto and kidney beans 
And 2 cans of whole tomatoes that I crushed by hand while putting into the pot
Then stir really well and reseason

Let it cook on a simmer for 3 hrs...
This is currently on my stove for tonight's Halloween!
I like to serve it with cornbread, Fritos, rice, sliced avocados and shredded cheese. Put it all out and let everybody build their own bowl!
Happy Halloween everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment