Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chicken Cacciatore

Being the one who does the grocery shopping and cooking means I also always make the decision of what we are eating. I'm always asking Jerry what he wants for dinner and he never gives me a real answer...which is frustrating but this morning he actually gave me a straight answer...chicken cacciatore! Ok awesome! Hadn't cooked that in a while...good call
So here's my version
Browned chicken breasts seasoned with salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder, red pepper, oregano and basil in a little bit of olive oil.
Then added 
Celery, bell peppers, carrots and onions
Let those cook down 
Then added cherry tomatoes 

Once the vegetables were all cooked down
I added

This box of tomatoes
Stirred and seasoned again with same seasonings then just let it simmer for 2 hrs.
Served it over cappellini pasta (we just like it better than spaghetti, it's very thin)
Bon apetite!


No comments:

Post a Comment